Or do you already know exactly what you want?
Your wedding day needs to be perfect in every way. With experience of more than 1,000 wedding marquees, we do understand that.
So we aim to manage our part of your event professionally and efficiently so that you can enjoy your day.
Advantages of a marquee for a wedding
Marquees have a unique atmosphere. Set up, temporarily, for a single occasion, they are a space apart from normal life, embodying the specialness of an event.
In addition, marquees are very flexible. In a marquee, anything is possible: long, square, L-shaped; romantic, classical, themed.... Bride and groom can stamp their character on an event in any way they choose.
Hiring a marquee also gives you the opportunity to welcome guests to a wedding reception at home at a time of your choosing. And to party until late if the neighbours are agreeable.
County Marquees supplies several different sort of marquees: flexible frame structures, romantic traditional style poled marquees, stretch tents, bell tents and pointy toppped Chinese Hat marquees. Which you choose will depend on your space, taste and budget.
- See marquees for more information on the different types of tents available.
- Look at marquee pricing to get an idea of the cost of wedding marquee hire.
- Where do I start? and marquee hire questions provide answers to questions you may have about hiring a marquee.
There is no right style for decorating wedding marquees.
Hanging things, especially greenery, from the roof of a marquee is currently very popular, often alongside strings of small fairy or larger festoon lighting.
The vintage look has evolved and in 2018 is less boho than it was. Long, dark wood trestles tables are popular, maybe with table runners, and limewashed chiavari or wooden chairs. Bunting and lanterns are not as popular as they were but are still chosen by some brides.
Clear marquees look amazing, but are not always the most practical solution. Combining clear and opaque panels in a single marquee is often a good way to combine wow factor with reality. The classic white look also remains popular.
Whatever style you select for the reception, it is possible to transform the atmosphere with lighting effects for an evening celebration. See this case study for an example.
Remember, it's your day. So the style is up to you.
- Please browse the wedding section of our photo gallery for ideas. Or have a look at some real wedding marquees.
- See marquee decoration for suggestions about and links to decorative ideas specific to tents
- If you would like help, please ask us
Planning for wedding marquees
We take weddings seriously. We take care to ensure:
- that the marquee can accommodate the proposed numbers
- that the chosen size will work with the layout
- that the layout and position of a marquee will function well with caterering requirements, and with heating and electrical equipment
Above all, our staff are happy to work with you to discover the marquee that best accomodates your space, budget and dreams.
To help you establish the best layout, we have an online wedding marquee planning tool (requires flash). This allows you to test out different layouts for maximum effect.
- See marquee pricing for prices and sizes
- See sample prices for examples of prices and equipment needs for different types of events
- Or please contact us to discuss your wedding marquee plans in more detail.
Organising the whole event
If you wish, we can take the work off your hands.
We have worked with many caterers, florists, entertainers etc so we know who offers the best service. You tell us what sort of event you require and we will be happy to sort it out for you.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about marquee weddings.